Bali is just south of the equator and has a year spherical tropical local weather with solely 2 seasons – wet (Oct – March, high humidity) and dry (April – Sept). I have visited in both seasons, and located each are unpredictable, however, the temperature is often fixed at around 28 – 30. Even when it does bucket down with rain, you are never cold! The mountain regions are always a bit of cooler, particularly at evening, so Best spa in ubud case you are staying in that region it is a good suggestion to pack a warm jumper.
What to pack…
– As little as attainable!
– Smart-casual and luxuryable is the norm, but keep in mind to pack comfortable strolling/hiking shoes.
– Sunscreen, insect repellant, hats and a folding umbrella for those sudden showers.
– A long skirt for the ladies and pair of lengthy trousers is a must, particularly if visiting temples the place this etiquette is a requirement. (As an alternative sarongs may be hired or purchased at level of entry very cheaply).
– If you put on glasses, it’s a good suggestion to pack your spares in your suitcase.
– A face washer or hand towel for long trips – should you undergo humidity stress, an excellent refresher is to freeze a bottle of water and take the frozen bottle & face washer in a plastic bag in your trip for quick ‘cool downs’.
– Anything you might have forgotten can be purchased very cheaply in Bali!
– Journey insurance coverage is a must – when you do not already have it – seek the advice of your travel agent or travel insurance might be purchased on line.
– Make 2 photocopies of your passport, credit cards, travel insurance coverage and I.D. data – depart one copy at dwelling (with a relative or good friend) and take the other copy with you (in your suitcase) keeping it separate from the original documents.
– Take some spare money (for medical emergencies or in any other case).
– Most hotels & lodging have safes – either at reception or in-room – use them for your own security & peace of mind.
– Using your credit card to make purchases in Bali is a protected and broadly accepted apply, nevertheless, at all times take care as you’d wherever e.g. do not let your card out of your sight at the level of transaction.
– Bali has its share of petty crime the identical as any country – take care with your purse or valuables in any respect times. (Drive previous ‘snatches’ are becoming more prevalent).
– Solely change cash at your hotel, resort or reputable looking places where you belief the changer (and the calculator used) – normal apply is to depend your money back before you and a receipt is given.
– A very good tip is to take a ‘cheat sheet’ foreign money converter with you – it is going to only be a rough information (as currency trade rates change daily in Bali) however it could actually save the frustration of haggling over something which may only be a few dollars difference. You may make up your personal ‘information’ from any of several on-line trade currency websites.